Cordova Angular App with Responsive Layout with Camera plugin
Convert any Angular, React, Vue application into a Cordova-based hybrid mobile app. I have already converted many applications following mentioned tricks.
Use Cordova if you are:
- A mobile developer and want to extend an application across more than one platform, without having to re-implement it with each platform's language and toolset.
- A web developer and want to deploy a web app that's packaged for distribution in various app store portals.
- A mobile developer interested in mixing native application components with a WebView (browser window) that can access device-level APIs, or if you want to develop a plugin interface between native and WebView components.
Let's start with creating a simple Cordova with angular, bootstrap 4, and camera plugin.
- XCode / Android Studio
Create Angular Application with Cordova:
Open your terminal and create an angular application using the following command -
- ng new LZCameraApp
Once done, go inside the directory using $cd LZCameraApp and run the below command to create Cordova
- cordova create cordova
Once done the folder structure will look like below -
Open main.ts file, and update the code accordingly -
Open index.html file and add the following line in <head> tag.
Open the package.json file under cordova directory and update the command accordingly -
Using the terminal, go inside the Cordova directory and run the following commands -
- cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-ionic-webview
- cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard
- npm i cordova-ios
- cordova platform add ios
Once done, open your XCode project and change the bundle identifier according to your signing certificate & Provisioning profile.
Open config.xml file and check all values are updated accordingly like below -
Open package.json file from your angular project, and update accordingly -
Now your Cordova with the angular project has been set up, now time to build and run the application on the simulator - (Screenshot added)
Check out the complete demo in YouTube with camera plugin integration
Feel free to add comments & suggestions below.
- Lazy Panda Tech